Chemo 3 - 111017

1 minute read time.

Another false start on Monday.  White blood cells not playing ball again. Two days of self injection and back for another try. Arrived at the hospital at 9am. Being hospitalised again for the chemo due to the adverse effects on my voice last time. Takes a while to get things going.  My oncologist is on holiday so it's a nice young lady doctor taking care of me. Finally got the bloods done and we are good to go. First two drugs go through fine. Next up is the Oxaliplatin. Instead of it taking two hours they have decided to make it four hours in an attempt to minimise any side effects. It has barely finished when my tongue feels like it has increased in size and I can't talk properly. After about 15 minutes it's fine. The fourth drug takes 24 hours and passes without any problems. Got the pins and needles in my fingers again which is annoying. 

I shared a room with a really nice lady who has breast cancer. She is five years younger than me and has two teenage children. I thank God that my daughter is an adult. 

Got home Friday night and slept most of Saturday. Still feeling quite tired so had 40 winks on the sofa this afternoon. 

Had planned a wee trip to Scotland next week but thought I would need to cancel it as my chemo has been delayed twice. My oncologist has said that I can go and we'll do my last chemo when I'm back. He reckons that the break will do me good and allow my body (especially the white blood cells) to recover naturally. 

Anonymous