tongue and lymph nodes

Less than one minute read time.

Hi my name is Mike i have just been diagnosed with cancer under the base of my tongue, I first noticed a lump in my neck and went to doctors straight away, the nhs have been amazing.  I am waiting to find out what treatment I will have, has anyone else had this?

I think this is amazing that I will be able to chat with people who are survivors!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mike

I had cancer of the base of the tongue in 2013 and I'm fine now.  There are plenty of us in the Head & Neck Group who have successfully had treatment.  If you haven't already joined the group you'll be very welcome, we have plenty of discussions you might find helpful.  Best wishes.  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi hunton50,

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please know that we are here for you - let us know how we can help.

Margaret853 has given you some great advice - please do take a look in the Head and neck cancer forum (Group) group and see if it's for you. By starting a new discussion in there, you'll be able to talk to other members who have had a similar diagnosis, and they're all happy to share their stories and experiences. Please do have a look and join in if you feel it's for you. We've also got a group of nurses and experts available in our Ask the Expert - Forum (Forum) group. For example, if you'd like to post a question to a nurse, click through to Ask a nurse (Group) and then click 'Ask a question' at the top of the page. Once you've posted your question, a nurse will get back to you shortly.

Finally, if you'd ever like to speak to someone directly, please do give the Macmillan support line a call (freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm), or send them an email. The nurses and advisers running the line are great listening ears, so do get in contact if you feel you need some extra support.

I hope this helps get you started on the Community. If you need any extra help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by emailing community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes,

Jazmine
    Online Community Officer

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mike,

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry pressed wrong button. i am in same place as you, although just started week two of six weeks radiotherapy. Everything is a new and strange experience. We seem to have loads of unanswered questions running through our heads. However I am ok at the moment and hope you are too.