Small cell cervical cancer

Less than one minute read time.

my wife was diagnosed with small cell cervical cancer back in November. And recently she has been in a lot of pain so we have been back to the hospital for more scans to find it has spread to her lungs liver and lymph nodes and her abdomen and possiblely her brain but we don't have the results back yet. At only 34 years old with 2 children this has come has a massive shock to all the family. My question to you all is there anyone else out there that has had this type of cancer?? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
  • Machell, i'm so sorry to hear about your wife. I can't comment as i live with a different sort of cancer. However you may get more replies if you put your question in the cevical cancer group, you've started a blog.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Machell,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Please know that we are here for you, and I'm glad you've come to the Community for support. We're here for you and your family.

roni2008 is right - you may find starting a discussion in the Cervical cancer forum (Group) a good start, as you'll be able to speak to other members affected by a similar diagnosis. I'd also recommend having a look in our Family and friends forum (Group) and Carers only forum (Group) groups, as both are filled with members - like yourself - looking after loved ones. Please do take a look and see if they're for you. We've also got a group of nurses available in our Ask a nurse (Group) group to post questions to. If you'd like to post a question to them, click through to 'Ask a nurse' and then click 'Ask a question' at the top of the page. Once you've posted, a nurse will get back to you shortly.

Also, if you ever feel you need to speak to someone directly, please do give the Macmillan support line a call (freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm). The nurses and advisers running the line are great listening ears, and can signpost you onto further practical, financial, and emotional support, if you feel it'll help.

Please don't hesitate to send us an email (community@macmillan.org.uk) if you need anything - we're happy to help.

Best wishes,

Jazmine
    Online Community Officer