Prostate cancer

Less than one minute read time.

HI,

I'm 58, diagnosed with T2c poss T3a back in Apr this year, MDT are airing on the worst case, Gleason 4+3, I was given 3 choices of treatment Open, Robotic or RT. 

I have got it down to Robotic or RT, I am already on HT, been on it for about 3-4 weeks.

Just asking has anyone had surgery only and been successful or likewise with RT.  It appears that most of the bloggs I have read, once you have had radical prosectomy it is likely that you will have to have salvage RT?. 

Many people have told me that that the 2 bites of the cherry is the best option, surgery and a RT fall back option, however, my Onc suggested that one bite would be sufficient and RT alongside HT would be the way.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has had a successful single treatment.

Many thanks.

Mark 

Anonymous
  • Sorry my Onc suggested that RT would do it alone alongside HT.

Cheers.

Mark

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ???,

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad to see you're researching all of your treatment options.

I can see from your profile that you're a member of our ??? group - you might want to post your questions in there, as you'll be able to talk to other members going through similar treatments.

To start a new discussion in the Prostate group, click this link through to the group. At the top of the page, underneath the group name, click 'Start a discussion', and you'll be directed to a blank text box. Type in and post your discussion, and other members will start to reply with stories of their own experiences.

We also have a group of nurses you can post questions to in Ask a nurse (Forum), and a radiographer available to answer queries in ???. Please do take a look and send them your questions if you'd like some medical advice.

Also, don't forget about the Macmillan support line (freephone 0808 808 0000, M-F, 9am-8pm) if you'd ever like to speak to someone directly.

I hope this helps, and best wishes with your treatment.

Jazmine
    Online Community Officer