Am I doing the right thing?

Less than one minute read time.

I was diagnosed with pc in 2010 Gleason 3+3 was told it was low grade and the least aggressive. 5years on and I am not suffering any symtoms other than a slow urine flow which I can live with, I've had 2 mri scans the first in 2012 showing a small tumor on the left hand side of my prostate, the second was this year and the tumor hasn't grown at all. My latest psa was 5.7 I've also had a bone scan recently which was all clear. I'm under active surveillance with psa tests every 6 months (at my request, consultant said every 12 months but I wasn't happy with that) from reading all the other story's on this site I think I am one of the lucky ones. Some of you guys seem to be going through hell! Is there anyone who is in a similar situation as me? And am I doing the right thing by not asking for any treatment? Would be grateful for any feedback.

Chaswin

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi chaswin,

You've posted your first blog - well done.

However, we do tend to find that users post blogs as part of a diary series, and sometimes they don't get as many replies as they want. If you want to talk to other users about your experience I'd recommend you copy and paste your message as a new discussion in the Prostate cancer forum (Group) group. Select the group and then at the top of the page you should see a 'New discussion' button - just click that and you'll be able to post your message.

If you want to continue to blog, then please do go ahead, you're more than welcome to.

Best wishes,

Jazmine