Chemo

Less than one minute read time.

I found out today that I need chemo. I have been telling everyone including myself that I have got my head around d this. The truth is I'm terrified. It's bad enough that I have one breast, then no hair?  I feel hideous!!

I'm terrified of the side effects, the chance of recurrence, I scored 44 on the oncotype test. My head is spinning. Can't sleep but so tired. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi mermaids wishes! Just read your blog and wanted to wish you well! Lots of people get through chemo without too many problems! I hope you will be one of them! Just read your profile + you mentioned having problems in theatre during surgery! What happened? Gillx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gill,

There were problems with the tube down my throats and fluid from my stomach went into my lungs. I ended up in a coma. I'm okay now. It's taken a lot longer to recover than I thought. Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How is this even happening to me?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

In the spare room. That's what happens when you pour your heart out to your partner and don't get the response you feel

You warrant.

I have never felt so alone and unsupported. I can't do anything right. I'm still on maternity leave and feel like a maid!!! When do I get a break. So low right now.