How quickly we forget!

Less than one minute read time.

Just

Anonymous
  • Hi Jo

So glad the path report of the  tissue showed no cancer. Look forward to joining the life after cancer group.

When I first joined this site I asked would I get back to normal  I was told I would get used to a new normal  I certainly haven't got the energy I had before but then again I am 10 years older.

I was told the surgery removed the cancer and that further treatment was insurance.

Found rads was a walk in the park after chemo. Am still taking Arimidex which I have got used to now. Looking forward to stopping taking them this year unless I am told to take them for life!!!!!

Out of the 12 friends I made and met up with at The Premier Inn at Wolverhampton 10 are still NED  The other 2 got secondaries and sorry to say they passed away.

Do enjoy life and don't put anything on hold. Who knows who will get secondaries. You can't spend your life worrying about things you can't control.

You have done so well.

Love

Sue diag 22/2/2008  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I said to a friend today that I’m suffering chemo, not cancer as that’s how it feels.

I had mastectomy and lymph nodes removed. Some had cancer so it was onto the ‘belt and braces’ chemo and radio etc etc treadmill

Then after Ct scan told (with my daughter sat next to me) it had spread to my skull and lung and was a different story altogether but they can give me drugs to give me a few years. Great as I had just left a difficult marriage and moved with my two daughters.

Went into start the new treatment to be told the Pet Scan didn’t confirm what they thought so I might not have secondaries.

So onto the chemo treadmill next morning totally unprepared and I’ve had three lots as well as delays so session 4 last week and this week hasn’t happened

Latest scan results last week. Still can’t tell if I have cancer in my head and lung. It has reduced with the chemo which is was told would mean it is cancer but apparently it may have been something else

Been scanned too to toe twice so cant

Complain and people you pass in the street may have worse but don’t know about it.

Weird old life these days back and forth to appointments and loads of uncertainty while trying to earn a living (the joy of being self employed) on the decent days

So ‘normal’.... not actually sure what that is anymore. But mostly I love every day and laugh a lot about the absurdity of it all. I’m know as ‘the wellest Ill person around’. Got chatted up in the pub watching rugby last weekend and had to laugh thinking you have absolutely no idea I have Cancer, a silicone boob, no hair and next week I’m being poisoned again.

Mad old world isn’t it

Nicki xx

• Hi Nicki, chemo is no fun and nearly killed me, but surgery was a doddle! I am fighting for a contralateral Mx at the moment as the radiolgist and clinical onc feel I have a marked increase in the risk of another primary the other side. The MDT is split and the plastics team wont do recon even though the gen surgery team will do the Mx! I have started the recon on the cancer side so it would be silly to go through that and still be flat on the other side! It is hard to think what 'normal' is, as I have been told to be extra vigilant and call the surgery team for any changes or lumps found so that they can do an immediate ultrasound. Much as it helps to know they are ready for it, it doesn't help to know that although they acknowledge it, they won't help to prevent it. Until it happens again and they remove the other breast, there is no 'normal', but I assure you that it won't stop me enjoying my life! Good luck with the further scans. I am amazed they are leaving you hanging on here! Can't they do a biopsy? Xxx