How are you feeling

Less than one minute read time.

Hi , I am new to the blog. Just wondering if anyone feels like me after breast cancer treatment,9 months ago. (Had chemo& RTP). Thought I would be elated & happy it's now over, It seems quite the reverse! Although health all good, everything is now an effort. Normaly fit & happy prior to treatment. Have very down days now and definitely not myself! 

Anonymous
  • Hi, I'm recovering from oesophageal cancer surgery and about 6 months post surgery I started feeling a bit like you describe. I have a booklet from my local Macmillan drop in centre, " Coping with fatigue" and it describes how I feel now. So tired and having no energy to do anything even trying to fill in forms seems like a daunting task. I hope you get your Mojo back soon. Kind regards Frank

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Little Mo,

Welcome to the Online Community. I'm sorry to hear about your initial diagnosis and how you're feeling now, but I'm glad you've finished treatment.

Zappaman has given you some great advice so far. The booklet referred to, Coping with fatigue, can be ordered for free through be.Macmillan.

Can I recommend you join a group so you can talk to other members about how you're feeling? Take a look in our Life after cancer forum (Group) group and see if it's for you. To join in, click 'Start a discussion' at the top of the page (once you've clicked through to the group). Once posted, other members will be able to reply to you with stories of their own experiences. We've also got a group of experts, including nurses, you can post questions to in our Ask an Expert (Group) section. The nurses might be able to give you some tips on coping with fatigue and not feeling like 'yourself'.

Don't forget that if you ever want to speak to someone directly about how you're feeling, the Macmillan support line is there for you. The nurses and advisers running the line are great listening ears, and can signpost you onto further information (available on freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm).

I hope this helps. We're here for you.

Best wishes,

Jazmine