My mum has kidney cancer not coping

Less than one minute read time.

Hi everyone I am new to this all as my mum was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer. She is still going through tests but they know it has definitely spread outside the kidney and into the arenal glands. She is not coping at all very down and terrified. I am trying to do everything I can for her, strong when I am with her but breakdown when I am at home. I have two small children and they are very close to there nanny. I am so scared I will lose her she is my best friend x 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Missa

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum’s recent diagnosis. The tests that she's still having must be very worrying for her and for you and, if they're like tests usually are, the wait for the results takes it out of you, too, and just add to the stress.

I have a different type of cancer from your mum’s so don't know much about kidney cancer but you can go to the Kidney Cancer group by clicking here and you can repost what you've written and you'll get a few more replies than you will here which is the Blog bit of the forum

Another group you could join is the one for Carers Only - click here to go to that. It's for anyone who's looking after a loved one with any type of cancer. 

You can join either group or both and I'm sure if you post in those that there'll be people who'll understand what you're going through and how you're feeling and will want to help.

I wish you and your mum all the best

Big hugs

Jim

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Heart goes out to you,it's so very tough for family,Will keep you all in my thoughts xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Missa,

I'm so sorry to read about your mum's diagnosis. Please know that we are here for you, let us know how we can help.

JayPee has given you some great advice about our groups; we have many different groups available for you to choose from. Please do take a look in the Kidney cancer forum (Group) and Carers only forum (Group) groups, as both are filled with members with a similar experience to yourself. They're all very warm and welcoming, and happy to share their stories and words of comfort.

To start a discussion in a group, click through to the group itself (by clicking the group name), and then click 'Start a discussion' at the top of the page.

You can also post questions to our nurses in our Ask a nurse (Group) group. Click through and then select 'Ask a question' at the top of the page.

If you ever feel like you want to talk to someone directly, the Macmillan support line is there for you. The nurses and advisers are great listening ears and can signpost you onto further information and support if needed (freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm).

I hope this helps. We're here for you.

Best wishes,

Jazmine