Help

Less than one minute read time.

Not sure if I'm in the correct page. But here goes. 

I have just started the 2nd part of my chemo I am on fec-t. I am really struggling it is now day 8 my whole body feels like it's been hit by a truck. I am emotional and very tearful. My son  wants to wrap me up in bubble wrap thinks I do too much. When I try to explain I need to and only do when I can he just gets upset and tells me I'm over doing it. I haven't been out of the house for 6 days now. I feel like a recluse. I'm not physically in a position to over do it. Can anyone tell me this body aching how long it lasts for roughly. Feels like I've started again and I've been knocked off my feet. 

Keep telling myself only 2 left to go but I'm fine finding it harder and harder. 

Advice please 

Thank you in advance.  Xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mandy321

Some do find the T part harder than the first one, but it doesn't mean the next session will be even worse. It can just sort of catch up with you a bit now and again :( and the main side effect with T is aches rather than feeling nauseous like with FEC

There is a very good monthly chemo club in the main breast group you can get involved with.

All those having chemo help each other through it with advice, support, and of course plenty of hugs and smiles.

You can find July's Chemo Club here (link)  Just reply to any of the messages there and ask whatever questions you have - you will soon get a reply.

Hope this helps a bit at a tough time, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you I will take a look. Any advice I'll take it. Xxx