stomach cancer

Less than one minute read time.

My partner has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and he's got to have 3 cycles of exc chemo then have his stomach removed then more chemo after .hes on his first cycle and it's knocked him for six he's cannot eat or drink nothing due to feeling sick he's now in hospital with dehydration does his second cycle get better he's taken all the sickness tables but nothing is taking iit away x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I just wonderd if anybody has or knows somebody who's been through the same I'm worried if the chemo makes his worse they won't do his opp xx

• Pennylope

you've done a blog.  You might get answers and suggestions if you join the stomach cancer group.  Good luck to both of you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pennylope,

Welcome to the Online Community. I'm so sorry to hear about your partner's diagnosis; please know that we are here for the both of you.

roni2008 has given you some great advice - please do take a look in our Stomach cancer forum (Group) group and see if it's for you. It's a good place to go to talk to other members affected by a diagnosis, and they're all very warm and welcoming. We've also got a group of nurses available for you to post medical questions to in Ask a nurse (Group). Alternatively, if you'd like to speak to someone directly, please do give the Macmillan support line a call on freephone 0808 808 0000 (available Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm). The nurses and advisers are there to help and are great listening ears.

I hope this helps. If you need further help, please email community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes,

Jazmine