another knock back .... another chemo

1 minute read time.

I was wondering if anybody can help I don't post very often as I have to get my daughter to do it for me as I'm not good with computers.  I have been doing very well on the CAPCETABINE for a year.  Stomach has shown massive improvements and hardly any side effects with the drug.  So five weeks ago when I showed my daughter my other breast she quickly got me into see my breast surgeon and after the usual biopsies and scans the sneaky little lobular cancer has decided to travel to my other breast..   So surgery is not an option for me so the oncologist has given me a new chemo its called  VINORELBINE (NAVELBINE) .  I only started taking it on Thursday and I have to have it once a week for 2 weeks then a week off.  I was wondering if any body else is on this as I am having trouble sleeping because of aching joints and muscle but the worst pain is in my neck.  Its started Saturday and no pain killers that I can take are touching it.  Feeling pretty low at the moment because I was doing so well and this is just another knock back for me.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ann xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning Anne archi19

Sorry to see you have found lobular in your other breast on top of everything else you have had to cope with :(

Navelbine isn't one of the more common chemo regimes but is sometimes used for breast cancer that has recurred, secondary breast cancer mesothelioma and some lung cancers. So there isn't any specific group here that you may find others who are having the same treatment - which is tough when you are looking for advice and support about it.

Are you having Navelbine into a vein, or have you been given the tablet version ? Also seeing as you say you aren't too good with computers; would you like me to create a new discussion on your behalf in the Secondary Breast Group using all your above text as it will reach more members than this blog post ? `and may get you some replies to help you through a tough time.

Take care, G n' J

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you so much for getting back to me and that would be great if you could do that.  My daughter and I could not figure out how to put it on the secondary site.  I am having the tablet form thank goodness as from what I've read the vein way is quite painful.

Thanks so much for the help xxx

Take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ann @ / archi19

I have posted it to the secondary group for you - you can find it using this link.

When the page opens you can select the 'save to my favourites' button this will place it under favourites

on your profile page to make finding it again easier :)

Hope you get some help from this - Hugs, G n' J