39 with a stoma

Less than one minute read time.

Hi.

Im a 39 year old male &  have a stoma bag, due to bowel cancer.

My girlfriend split with me when I was going through chemotherapy. 

Feeling pretty low at the moment & need some positive feedback?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Stoma Sully,

Welcome to the Online Community. I know it's not somewhere anyone wants to join, but I'm glad you've come to us for support.

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - it sounds like you're going through a tough time. Please know that we are here for you.

Can I suggest taking a look in our Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum (Group) and Ileostomy, colostomy and stoma support (Group) groups? Both are filled with warm, friendly members, all with a variety of experiences, happy to share their stories. Take a look to see if they're for you.

There's lots of information available on the main Macmillan website about coping with your emotions, along with this free booklet available on be.Macmillan. If you feel it's for you, I'd also recommend taking a look at In Your Area to see if you can access some counselling or therapy sessions close to you.

Finally, if you ever want to speak to someone directly, the Macmillan support line is a good place to turn to. The nurses and advisers are available to help on freephone 0808 808 0000, Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm.

Again, we're here for you. Let us know if you need anything.

Best wishes,

Jazmine

• Sorry for you Stoma Sully....

I just found a picture which said,"I didn't know rock bottom had a basement".I could totally relate to this when it was my birthday and I was the only one at my party a few days ago.Even tho a year ago I was recovering and had many many many friends etc.

So,yep,I can and do relate...try n climb out of it,one foot at a time x