How do you cope with this grief?

Less than one minute read time.

My partner was diagnosed with lymphoma & gastric cancer we found out it was terminal but he was Start Chemo to help give him longer & come home so we can make memories but he died a week later I'm finding it so hard to cope we have an 19 month old & a 13 week old. 

I'm just writing this because i am so heartbroken and finding it hard to cope its been one week without him & it's not getting any easier I feel like the day he died he took my soul with him I'm just this empty shell existing and carry on for our babies. The only reason I'm getting in up in the morning is knowing that my partner would want me to. 

I just need some help on how to cope with this grief that I'm feeling if anyone could help 

Anonymous
  • I am heartbroken for you. With 2 young babies your hormones are probably still all over the place and then having your partners death to cope with.

My first thoughts are to see your GP.  I do hope you have some family who will step in to help. 

Will keep thinking of you. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Broken-hearted17,

Welcome to the Online Community. I know this is the last place anyone wants to be, but I'm glad you've come to us for support.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your partner - I'm sending you a huge hug and lots of positive wishes. googlemuma has given some great advice so far; speaking to your GP is a good way of letting them know how you feel, and they can also signpost you onto further support elsewhere.

Can I suggest taking a look in our Bereaved spouses and partners forum (Group) group to see if it's the right place for you? It's full of lovely, warm, welcoming members who can relate to how you're feeling. Take a look and see if it's for you.

I'd also recommend giving the Macmillan support line a call when you can, to speak to a nurse or adviser about how you're feeling. They're great listening ears and can signpost you onto financial, practical, and emotional information, if you feel you need it. They're available on freephone 0808 808 0000, Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm.

Again, we're here for you. Sending you a big hug,

Jazmine

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you so much for your kind words

I only have my partners family and they are helping but we live in different areas I have the doctors on the 18th it was the only next available appointment I'm just scared I won't be able to cope till then. Iv started putting our 19 month old in nursery just so he isn't around me when I'm upset and he can make new friends. It's so hard his daddy would be so proud of him what hurts the most is that both our children won't even remember their dad.

• the 18th seems too long to wait. It's a long time since I had babies but do you still have ( if they still exist) a Health Visitor or Midwife you can talk to and get some help and support. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi again Broken-hearted17,

I'm glad to hear that your partner's family are helping, despite the distance. googlemuma is right - if you can speak to your midwife or a health adviser, they'll be able to put you in contact with further support. Please do let them know how you're feeling.

I can see from your discussion in the Bereaved spouses and partners forum (Group) group that you've been given some brilliant support so far, so please do continue to post in there - maybe asking about some ways you can help keep his memory alive for your children?

You're right - your partner would be so proud of your children, and of you.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts,

Jazmine