Anxiety not willing to complete chemo

Less than one minute read time.

Hi inhave finished 4 EC rounds with no problems,sand also completed 1 of 4 rounds of Paclitaxel but by the second cycle had a real bad panic attack so they had to stop the session.and when they booked me for another session i got so anxious i just walked off.My lump has shrunk to almost untouchable which the scan confirmed.I am in a such a state i just want to jump to surgery and to do radiotherapy because the chemo made me completely mental mess.Has anyone similar experience?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Denisa,

I'm so sorry to hear about how you're feeling, and about the panic attacks you've experienced. It's good to see that you're reaching out to connect with others - it's a great source of support.

I can see that you're a member of our Breast cancer forum (Group) group - I'd recommend taking a look in there and starting a new discussion to speak to other members who can let you know about their own experiences of chemotherapy. To start a new discussion, click the group name above to be taken to the group. At the top of the page, underneath the group title, click 'Start a discussion':

You'll be directed to a blank text box where you can type in your message and post. Others will be able to reply and give you their own words of comfort and advice.

You can also post a question to our group of nurses in Ask a nurse (Forum). They're here to listen and help, and can signpost you onto further information if you feel you need it.

Finally, if you'd like to speak to someone directly about how you're feeling, I'd recommend giving the Macmillan support line a call on freephone 0808 808 0000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm). The nurses and advisers running the line are a big help and can support you through how you're feeling about treatment.

I hope this helps. If you've got any questions, send us an email to community@macmillan.org.uk. I'm happy to help.

Best wishes,

Jazmine