Can-can Cancer Dancer

• 3 Chemo Sostenuto

FormerMember
    FormerMember

3 Chemo Sostenuto

I realise that this blog has very limited appeal and so it is important to me to know that it is still being read. If you like what I write and would like me to continue posting, please press the ‘like’ or leave a comment. If nobody does either then I shall stop posting (but I would like to continue to do so!).

Several years ago, one of my friends had been diagnosed with terminal cancer…

• 2 Chemo Limbo — Impact

FormerMember
    FormerMember

2 Chemo Limbo — Impact

In late 1968, Michael Geliot came to my college to direct the final production for the third-year students, one of whom was me. He had just resigned as artistic director of the Traverse Theatre Company in Edinburgh and was about to take over an equivalent position at the Welsh National Opera. He already had a reputation for being an exciting, though highly controversial, director.

When…

• 1 Diagnosis

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can Can Cancer Dancer

1 Diagnosis

When I first saw it, my mind went straight to Keats — “… that drop of blood is my death warrant — I must die.” He had spat it from his lungs, but my blood had gushed out at the head of my urine. There was no mistaking it any longer; that slightly muddy colour, which for weeks had escaped at the beginning whenever I passed water, was merely the harbinger…