Polyps

1 minute read time.

Hi there, hope everyone is having a good weekend.  I am new to this blog and really could do with some advice please.  My mum is 63 and went through menapouse about 16 years ago but about a month ago she had a period like bleed, with cramping and backache.  After consulting the GP she was sent to hospital where they found large polyps on her uterus and the lining of the uterus quite thick.  The consultants at the hospital told us of all the possibilities but at the same time was very reassuring that all should be ok.  Since then mum has had a hysteroscopy done and was fine with some spotting but few days later she started bleeding heavy as if she was having a period with mild cramping and backache.  It has been over two weeks and she's still spotting and mentions that she gets a crampy pain now and then and the bleed follows.  I'm really worried about her could it be cancer?? Is the bleeding, cramps and backache normal after a hysteroscopy??? I will be so grateful if someone could help who maybe has gone through the same experience, thank you so much for reading, hope it makes sense

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning Taz786

Sorry to see you joining this particular club and reading about the worries you and your mum are having :(

I'm not well up on this as it's a bit out of our area but I would have thought having a hysteroscopy may cause a bit of backache and possibly bleeding afterwards, especially if any  biopsy samples were taken at the same time - do you know if samples were taken and when you get those results ?  Like most polyp type growths within the body most are benign, but some can contain pre-cancerous cells which can go on to form a cancer cluster or small tumour given time.

Don't have much of an idea how long it normally takes for the womb to recover from a hystroscopy procedure either, but do keep an eye on blood loss as too much or too often can lead to becoming annaemic.

Think the best place to ask these questions would be to join the very active Womb Group here using this link. There is also a Uterus/Cervical Group too.

Just use the link above, create a New Discussion and copy in your text from above - The lovely ladies in the womb group will soon reply.

Hope this is of some help - good luck with any results, I'm assuming she does have a follow up appointment ?

G n' J