Prostate cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Hi my name is Pete and I have had my prostate removed and now I'm in the middle of 6 weeks intense radiotherapy. I am 55 years old and very alone with all of this. My kids are at an age where even though they support me they are barely around. I live on my own and have recently lost my best friends support . Her mum died of cancer back in August and she is finding all this too much and has backed away after promising to stand by me. So i feel like I have lost the closest person whom i used to be able to confide in . So at the moment I am very down and low in my life. Dealing with cancer and the loss of my friend. It all feels to much to bear at this time in my life . 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pete

I'm sorry for what you're going through, hopefully you will find others on this site who can support you. My father-in-law is in a similar situation, and he found it helpful to go to a local support group - I know it's not traditionally what men do, but he found it a great relief to share with others who were going through the same thing, and 'just get it'. He was reluctant to talk to the family as he didn't want to upset people.

I hope the radiotherapy isn't too stressful, take care of yourself.

Best wishes,

2dot

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your support it means alot that there are some nice people out there willing to take time out and share there experiences.  Thank you everybody x