Travel insurance. I found the right one! :)

1 minute read time.

Hi everyone. I can't believe how difficult and how easy it is to find suitable and 'reasonably priced' travel insurance when you are going through cancer. I tried 20 companies within 24 hours and the results varied widely to say the least! I am going through chemotherapy treatment, and have been through it once before, but didn't travel the first time. The first insurance broker quoted me....wait for it. £3,000 for an annual policy! I decided that wasn't the way, so i trawled through the list of 20 actual companies.

The one that made me laugh was MIA 'Medical Insurance Anywhere' I want to go to both Greece and Turkey, and guess which two countries they won't insure me for...Yes you guessed it. So i then asked the one company that seemed to specialize in insuring cancer patients. Well they ARE called Insurance Cancer (medi travel cover ltd) "offers policies specially designed for those living with active, metastatic, relapsed or terminal cancer" The person i spoke to was most unhelpful, and basically wanted me to undergo a blood test and get the results to them, each time i was considering a trip away. Wouldn't consider an annual policy and basically told me where to go.

Others quoted from anywhere between £ 700 to £1000 a single trip. After 24 hours i tried again. I looked at the blogs on this site and found EUROTUNNEL. Jackpot! they have given me a 1 year annual policy, covering me for my cancer, as long as i take away with me a letter from my doctor or consultant stating that i am fit to travel. The cost was incredible. £48.55. If my condition changes and before i go i am deemed not fit to travel then ok. I get that and i wouldn't go. Absolutely thrilled to bits with this quote. I can now go to Greece and between treatments, which is just what i need to make me feel better, Something we all need while we are going through this awful disease.  Hope this helps...www.eurotunnel.co.uk

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow that's so good I just came on here to look at finding travel insurance it's amazing really because I kinda live without worrying I think everyone else does lol. Until o phone and then get told I am to risky

• Thats why lots of us use eurotunnel and someone posted recently who had to claim and they said it was straight forward.

I pay £17.50 for 8 days in Spain - canaries when we do holiday and its so easy, shame they stopped doing worldwide cover and only do Europe now.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow well done your perserverance paid off. I'm off to Spain for 10 days and more or less given up as I haven't had a quote under £945. Will give them a try!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yes please try them. I didn't believe it at first and had to ask twice just in case I'd heard it wrong or misunderstood. It is seemingly true as other online bloggers on this community have also endorsed eurotunnel. Would be good if the companies that are so intransigent and determined to make it so hard for us to travel, read this site. It would be the best mass survey of travel insurance ever! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wow pleased for you , Hope you have a nice holiday xx