Lymphnode removal

1 minute read time.

It's been a whole week since I had my lymphnode removed for diagnosis. Spent most of the week in bed feeling lousy. Not sure if it was down to the op or just my general symptoms I've been having anyway like tiredness, fatigue and breathlessness. 

Neck was very sore after surgery, more than I anticipated. My scar is also a lot bigger than I thought it would be but the consultant said it was a big lump. I'm not bothered about the scar to be honest. It's the least of my worries. 

3 days after surgery I was feeling unwell. Sickly and feverish so I went to get checked out at Urgent Care. After sitting for 3 1/2 hours amongst people with a poorly cough, sore finger and flatulence I was finally seen and prescribed antibiotics for the infection I had suspected. 

4 days later and I'm was so breathless. Spoke to hospital who advised going in to rapid assessment to be checked out. 

Got told lymphnodes are up in neck, chest, stomach and groin. This made me even more worried. 

The wait is killing me. I need to know. What is it exactly and can it be cured? 

Anonymous