Recent diagnosis

Less than one minute read time.

My partner suffered headaches for 6 weeks. Was told he had bells palsy on the left side of his face and was admitted to hospital. 5 days later we was told he had lung cancer which has spread to his skull base. 

Everything changed in seconds, our life will never be the same again. He cant drive, he cant work, he cant play golf. This cancer has taken over our life already.

At the moment we are waiting on the MDT meeting so we know exactly what we are dealing with.

He is in so much pain. Morphine makes him sick. He has lost so much weight in 2 weeks. What can i do for him . He is hardly eating .

GP is involved and is very good with him . He is scared and so am i, i am here to help him as much as i can . Any ideas on how i can boost his tiredness.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My partner has been told his cancer is terminal. They have offered him radiotherapy, 10 fractions to the base of his skull. Doctors gave him a prognosis of 1 year ????

They will try and shrink the tumor to give him a bit more time. At the moment he is all for the treatment but if it makes him sick then he will stop.

Over the past couple of days his voice has become very hoarse and he is very chesty, i am so worried. He has become very frustrated and snaps at me .

Will radiotherapy make him ill?? He cant afford to lose more weight he is down to 7st 11 now .

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Why are things changing so quickly.

He has finished his radiotherapy, he coped with it very well.

Over the weeks of the terminal diagnosis, he has been dealing with one thing after another. Radiotherapy, has had to have an NG tube put in place , problems swallowing , his ankles keep swelling up, he has cachaxia, his stomach looks bloated.

Maybe he doesnt have up to a year? But what are we looking at .. weeks ...months.

He is trying to stay positive .. how will i know when things are coming to an end. I hate to see him suffer like this.

A new problem today is pains in his chest.