A CHOICE TO CHOOSE

1 minute read time.

Reflecting through the events in my life of last few months, I find life keeps throwing heavy balls at me constantly. It seems each week, there are life conflicts that I have had to face that are not related to the cancer I had. They bring about worries, depressions, fears, uncertainties, and tears to me. Only last night, I wept like crazy in my husband's embrace as I find it all to be so exhausting. I was tired. As a matter of fact, I still feel tired - body, mind, soul, spirit.

Well, I guess in the situation I am in, I have a choice to either dwell on conflicts and be miserable (which I find easy to do), and let it effect my whole day or week, or do the opposite. Decision ! Decision ! Decision !

I choose (and I pray this choice will stay with me for always !) :

1) To enjoy each day !

2) To appreciate each day !

3) To love each day !

I remember reading this somewhere, that we can't choose many things - like if we want to have cancer or not, what gene we want, who our family are, how long we have to live, and many more. In all that, we can choose how we want to live our lives !

Yes, HOW WE WANT TO LIVE OUR LIVES ! THAT WE CAN CHOOSE !!

I hope today will be the start of a new day for me where I choose to appreciate, enjoy, and love each day that I have.

I must do this for myself - a gift to me from me.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I ended up with cancer of the uterus - it happened so quickly that my feet barely touched the ground. As I am 73, I was advised to have the whole lot removed including ovaries, followed  by radiation - three six minute applications. A nurse that I got friendly with advised that I make sure i followed a regime which basically you applied a dildo type of plastic applicator provided by t he hospital - this in order to prevent vaginal atrophy. If you did not follow this procedure you could end up with a bladder control problem. I ended up purchasing a vibrator and faithfully followed the procedure. I realise this sounds stupid, but you definitely do not want a problem with your  bladder and bowels try and do what they tell you no matter how awkward or inconvenient. One year down the road everything seems ok - I went for checkup and now do not have to go again for six months. 

• Thank you for this sharing Kittkat ! It is such a lovely and special sharing - thank you for sharing your experience here ! :)