GP finally listened

Less than one minute read time.

So it has been 5 months since my GP told me my lump 'was normal and nothing to worry about' but I knew she was wrong. In February I visited her again and told her I had a further lump behind my ear and that I was tired most days and short of breath. She requested a full blood count and put traces on my lymph nodes. The following week my results were back and showed an abnormality in my lymph nodes. She referred me for an ultrasound scan of my neck to see what was going on. I was beginning to worry a little now. 

Anonymous
  • I was having difficulty swallowing food since about Feb/March last year. I finally went to the doctor in about May/ June he drew me small squares and told me to cut meat into squares that size and chew 30 times before swallowing. I went back a few weeks later and saw a young doctor who examined me and referred me for an endoscopy. Within a month I had the endoscopy and was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer ! After several appointments with the consultant surgeon and oncologist and after being told the Ivor Lewis surgery and what was involved, I declined the chemo and had surgery in October last year. I am now on the road to recovery and doing pretty well. Good luck to you on this journey.

Kind regards Frank

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Frank, I'm so pleased your on the road to recovery.

Just shows how having the right doctor can make a difference.

Best wishes

Kelly