Bladder cancer..

1 minute read time.

Well started chemotherapy cisplatin and gemcitabine on 23rd Dec...had 3 cycles of this...cancer in bladder had already breached bladder wall and was unfortunely in 2 of my lymph nodes was told the tumour on the outside of the bladder was size of tennis ball... Which was same size as one they took out From inside of my bladder... Had ct scan in jan.. Looked hopeful... They told me it had shrunk to bout half...great news.. And it wasn't in my thoraxic or bones... Until mri scan few week later end of feb...it. Still wasn't anywhere else but.... It had not shrunk like they said and infection had grown out further.. A Rc was on the card but was told it wasn't a option because i have had a lot of surgery over years.. Scar tissue and the like.. Serious problems it would cause.. Was told because im going to pee at least for time an hour they matter do a by pass on my bladder so a least they may be able to him the bladder and lymph nodes with radiotherapy also..  I had been referral to urology surgeon when i kicked up a fuss . Because  i decided i was being judge by a third party.. So i sent the urology surgeon an email . I am not ready too give up i dont need a psychiatrist to help me cope with my impending doom i need a surgeon who will see me a an individual... I am currently in another cycle of chemotherapy just started the second of another 3..  Hopefully fingers crossed i get better results... I initially got an appointment on 27tg april to see surgeon From my oncologist referring me but a few days ago i got a call From his secretary telling me she had a soon appointment this coming thurs... Probably From a result of the email i sent him... Well theycould be just thinking well we will rather tell her earlier than later they cant do anything.. But may be they might have another option i dont know... I will not give up my life without a fight that all can say ... Fight on xxxx

Anonymous