I just had a vulvectomy 6 days ago

Less than one minute read time.

I have been dealing with the VIN111 for 2 years now and on February 1st my doctor told me it was cancer and I had to have a vulvectomy. I kept thinking to myself I am to young for all of this I just turned 30 this is not supposed to happen. I have 3 children all boy ages 9 months, 3years and 12 years. My first thought was what about my boys. I can't have surgery and be unable to help and take care of them. My husband assured me he could do it but I knew he would not be able to do it all. I had my surgery 6 days ago and I just can't do anything. It is painful, I have a part of the wound that is separating that I see the doctor about tomorrow. I am sad alot I feel like I am going to go crazy sitting in the bed. I want this to be over quickly. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning Bippa

Sorry to read why you had to join this particular club :(  but welcome to the Mac Community.

There is a very active and friendly Vulva Group here (link) you should join to get some support, advice or just to chat with others in the same boat about pain relief, recovery time frames etc

Once you join the vulva group just create a New Discussion and copy in your above text - You will soon get replies and a warm welcome.

Take care, G n' J