waiting, guilty, sad update

Less than one minute read time.

We had a good few years but last year the cancer spread to his spine and he was in agony walking round with a broken back, he had two major ops putting rods and cage around his spine, they couldn't remove all the tumour and they "poked the beast" and in September we were told he would end in a wheelchair very soon, ok, we can deal with that and prepared for it. Over new year he ended up in Christies with pneumonia and pleurisy, then home, then back in with flu, then home but on the 8th Jan he fell, back in Christies and on the 13th Jan told he was terminal with just a few months to live. He very quickly became paralysed from the chest down, is doubly incontinet, riddles with tumours, on oxygen and now been given weeks, we are now just waiting.....

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

He'd not had a bowel movement for 4 days, evening carers came and went and Sod's law he has a movement, I sorted him out on my own as he doesn't want his sons to help, I'm now in a room on my own in tears, my wonderful, proud, strong, fantastic husband, why does it have to end like this?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

He ended up back in hospital last Sunday with internal bleeding and very low bp. Told on Thursday that he has just a few days, came home, last thing he said last night at about 10pm, don't leave me, I promised I wouldn't. He's in a very very deep sleep now, unresponsive, got the nurses out at 4am as he was in obvious pain and anxious, they believed he would pass very quickly, he hasn't, but I do expect him to go today, god this is awful,