Dad x

Less than one minute read time.

So this morning I feel like the world is turning so fast, but I am dizzy in the middle of it all!

Last night I was told daddy has only 8 months if he is lucky and that is brilliant but awful at the same time! 

Losing dad is the scariest thing to me and I don't know how to get through this time....work have been ok up till now but how go I go in and tell my headteacher that my dad has been give the dreaded TIME?? How do I get through all the tears and tell her that i feel like I'm sinking when all I really want to do is quit and spend every waking moment with my family and mostly my dad? 

HELP!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Flossyann25,

Welcome to the Community. We know it's not somewhere anyone wants to join, but we're glad you've come to us for advice.

I'm so sorry to read about your dad. It sounds like you're going through a tough time, and it's important you get the right support for yourself.

I can see that you've joined and posted in the Family and friends forum (Group) group, which is a great first start. Other members should be along soon with their own stories and experiences, as well as words of comfort.

If you feel you need to speak to someone directly, we'd always recommend giving the Macmillan support line a call (freephone 0808 808 0000, Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm). The nurses and advisers running the line are great listening ears, and can signpost you to financial, practical, and emotional support. They may also be able to advise on how to approach work.

I hope this helps. Please know that we are here for you.

Take care,

Jazmine