You couldn't make this up!

6 minute read time.

Googlemuma, don't read this post. lol. It'll ruin the feel good vibes you got from the last post!

So! The last blog post I did had me waiting for an appointment for a Hysteroscopy. Well, it turns out the doc put through the appointment as urgent, so I was seen yesterday for everything. The St James in Leeds really needs to update and decorate some of the older parts, because when you're used to the cancer wing where everything is lovely and sparkly and new, heading into Chancellor Wing is like stepping back in time!!

Ultrasounds first. So I was supposed to go in with a full bladder so that they could see the bits they needed - 9am appointment. So my alarm goes off nice and early so I can have a morning wee. Otherwise I would have wet myself before I got to the appointment, and no-one wants that. Down the stairs I came and necked a litre of water in under 5 mins. Great, I thought, that'll turn into wee before the appointment, sorted. Nuh uh. I hadn't taken my bowels into consideration had I!!! So 8:15 comes, I'm getting ready to call for a taxi. Bowels suddenly decide they need to empty. And there's absolutely no chance that they will wait until after the ultrasound. Back upstairs I head and plop down on the loo and concentrate. Can I evacuate my bowels while keeping my bladder dammed off?

No. No I can not.

Oops! So, back down I go and neck another litre of water, hoping everything is working well and there might be some wee in there by the time the ultrasound comes along. There was some, but there wasn't enough - and I was told off. lol. External was fine - funnily enough it's not as uncomfortable when your bladder isn't full..... >.> Internal was mostly ok, though she did have to jam it on in there quite firmly a few times as, as usual, the right ovary was trying to hide away shyly and not have her photograph taken. Stupid thing!

All done, I cleaned up - that gel gets EVERYWHERE, and does not wipe off easily!! - and then headed for the waiting room for a mini report to take with me to the Hysteroscopy people. Out of the A+E door, and down like, 100 feet, and I was into the main building. Upstairs to the gynaecology department and in. Then I was sent through some magical doors, where on the other side of them, everything has been redecorated! It's light, bright, modern, clean. It's actually really nice. Guess what happens? That litre of water I had drunk starts to make itself known! There's no toilet in sight, and no-one around to ask as reception is too far to walk back to with how I'm feeling. Thighs clamped tightly together and Kindle out, I wait.

10 mins later, I'm called and through the doors I go to see the poor woman who had been in before me in a right state, and the oddest colour I've ever seen on a woman. Explains why her husband was called through a moment before. She is not happy, and looks really ill - I'd seen her going in, this was not how she'd looked going in. The anxiety I'd been feeling leading up to this point is now through the roof. You ever see those cartoons with the oversized thermometers, and when they get too hot they vibrate and explode? Yeh, that was me. I manage to ask for a toilet and head in, relieve myself of the wee that had arrived too late, and then emerged and was taken to the room.

Lovely doctor and two others, one was definitely a nurse and the other seemed to be a camera woman. No idea of her official job title. But they were all absolutely lovely and I could not fault them. Had a chat, and she took my medical history, then it was time to get nekkid..... from the waist down. And you know what? It was SO much better than my stupid anxiety had built it up to be! The speculum was uncomfortable, but I didn't feel anything going through the cervix. The fluid filling me up was uncomfortable, and then really weird as it flowed out and onto the pad I was sitting on. I got to watch everything on the screen as they were doing it which was fascinating, and she explained everything she was doing and seeing as she did it and saw it. The worst bit of it, was when she had to take samples. The first two were uncomfortable, then the third was sore, and the fourth was worse. But a grit of the teeth and it was over. Though I did then end up covered in blood - stupid body. All done, she pulled all the machinery out and I was able to clean up and dress again - sanitary pad fully wedged in my pants because that was ridiculous! I've still got a bath towel under me just now as I sit and write this. Then I went and had a seat with her as she wrote up some notes and then told me what she'd seen.....

I have growths in the womb that will need to be removed. So it'll be a procedure similar to the one yesterday, only with bigger machinery and a local anaesthetic. It'll go in, cut away the growths, and then suck them out like a hoover. Sounds like fun.... She's not sure what they are, but then the word we love to hear popped out. It might be cancer. Now, this isn't the same cancer as I've already got. Nuh uh. This would be a brand spanking new and second one for me. There are two things she's concerned about. The thickness and look of the lining of my womb, and the growths. She thinks I might have hyperplasia, so one of the things she'll be testing the biopsies for, is to see what sort of cells are making up the lining. And depending on the result, I might need a hysterectomy. Problem is, my weight and current health make me a high risk candidate for surgery, so she's not sure if she'd want to do a hysterectomy. So a meeting between everyone and his dog would need to happen to discuss what to do with me. So I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 7 - 10 days to find out.

Oh, and I think the last post was written before it happened, but my Uncle died last week too. So since I was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago, that's now 11 family members who have died.

So you can see why I picked the title I did for this post!

I should set alarms in my phone.....

This week I should hear back about the MRI.

By a week today I should get my blood test results back from today - 9 vials. I don't do things by halves! lol

By next Thursday I should hear about the Hysteroscopy.

Lets see what the next adventure will be! Oh, and I think my next blog post will be pics of baking. Got the Collie Charity Christmas Fair on the 11th, and I'm supplying the bake stall. So lots of pics of cakes!! :D

Until then.... :D

Anonymous
  • You know that when told not to do something .... It makes you want to know all the more!

What a difference a few days make. I had a similar procedure to the one you just had a few years ago. I had a very unsympathetic female consultant who seem to take pleasure in trying to take a biopsy of the "thickening" shown on my ultra sound.

I Must have been so fast tracked through the referral system that nobody thought to tell me that they suspected cancer. Day surgery sorted out the bleeding and after a long long wait, my results were negative.

You have more than your fair share to deal with. I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes over the ether.

Have a kitten cuddle from me.

Much love Kathy X

• My first attempt got moderated :( ,and never appeared!!

Whew!! Just reading that exhausted me. And you're taking on champing as well!!

Everything crossed for you results wise

Hugs xx

• You baddie Tox! You must have said something you shouldn't have! Lol. I've found a few bugs in the system too, so they're running rife. Lol

And you baddie GM. Lol. Told you not to read this so you could stay happy. But good to hear that you had the same procedure and it came out negative. No kittens left here. Just big cats. Got all three on my lap just now.

But yes, lots happening at the moment. Hoping it all turns out to be good things!