New to the group

Less than one minute read time.

Hi am new to the group my partner has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer he starts chemo tomorrow but it's terminal

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Martym,

Welcome to the Community. I'm so sorry to read about your partner's diagnosis. Hopefully we can help support you through this time.

We'd suggest taking a look in our Family and friends forum (Group) group, and maybe starting a new discussion in there, if you feel it's a good group for you. All of its members are looking after loved ones affected by cancer, are very warm and welcoming, and are happy to share stories of their experiences. Take a look and see if it's for you. Carers only forum (Group) is another good choice if you'd like to talk to other carers, and how you're feeling about what's happening.

If you've got any specific questions about your partner's diagnosis, or would like to speak to members affected by a similar diagnosis, take a look in our Lung cancer forum (Group) group. Again, all of the members in there are happy to help.

We've also got a group of nurses available to post questions to in our Ask a nurse (Group) group, so if you've got any queries about your partner's treatment, they'd be happy to help answer them.

Finally, if you want to speak to someone directly, you can always ring the Macmillan support line (freephone 0808 808 0000, Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm). The nurses and advisers running the line are great listening ears and can signpost you to further practical, financial, and emotional support.

Please know that we're here for you. Let us know how we can help.

Best wishes,

JazmineOnline Community Officer

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

My husband was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer. Sadly he died in December.

I know this cancer is palliative but what I would say is the chemo can make a huge difference to quality of life. We were given months of opportunity to really live, to love, to laugh and to simply enjoy every single second.

It was hard, but we focused on life, because none of us know when it will be our time. It also allowed us to marry again, plan and in such a positive way understand what was important to both of us for when the end of his life came.

It must be so very raw for you, it still is for me! Please focus on living and enjoy every second. You may feel frightened, but don't let that fear rob you of the here and now.

Happy to DM if I can help in any way.

Jules

• I am new to this group, l have prostate cancer, lung cancer & lynth node cancer. Had operation on my left lung where they the top half of my lung away,while they were operating they did 7 biopsies 2 came back cancerous. I was told that the cancer was now in the lymph nodes due to see oncology team just hoping I’m not facing 4 cancers

• New here how does this work