Hello everyone!

1 minute read time.

Hello everyone!

It feels right to start with an introduction and why I'm here.

My name is Miss Blue. I'm a 31 (nearly 32!) year old secondary school teacher.

Last April, my Stepmum was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She fought through the treatment which eventually became ineffective, but sadly lost her fight on 18th January this year, aged 52.

My 88 year old maternal grandmother (aka Nan), who survived breast cancer whe she was young, has been in and out of hospital for the past 4 months with issues of fluid building up in her lungs and legs which we now know is a result of advanced ovarian cancer. I found out today (30/1/2017) that she will be coming home from hospital this week with a 24 hour Palliative caregiver.

And my wonderful Mom - who is my everything - was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in May 2016. She's been through chemotherapy and had an operation at the end of November 2016 to remove the cancerous growth. Sadly, the doctors found that the cancer had multiplied and as a result, couldn't remove any of it. My Mom was given a partial stomach bypass instead but had been in and out of hospital ever since as she's struggling to keep anything down. It scares to me to my absolute core that I could lose her.

So that's me. A lost soul, with her own mental health issues, who feels so lonely and so helpless and if she's honest with herself, isn't really coping with everything.  

I know no one may ever read this but if you do, please don't judge what may sound like emotional drivel. This is the only place I feel I can get things out of my system xxx

Anonymous
  • Miss Blue, sorry to hear about your situation but don't worry about being judged by anyone. You will find great advice and support in the online community and you can use it for a rant to get it off your mind. We all come here for our own reasons and try to avoid being judgemental. May you find peace and comfort and support.

Kind regards Frank

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Miss B

Rant and rave and emotionally drivel as much as you want to, it will make you feel better and, as they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. On you count........ sorry can't work out the math, but you have a lot dumped on your plate in great dollops in a short time; rest assured on this site there is a lot of prayers, understanding and good wishes for your predicaments

Rant, drivel and moan away.

L

Ouch EJ.