Wanderings of a Procrastinating Loon

• A goal achieved, but more than a step too far!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

If you are going to read this blog, be warned! This is the longest walk I’ve done so far and this means that this blog has to reflect that. Refreshments will be provided when we reach our destination and before we return home.

When I was younger and fit I enjoyed walking, especially in the hills around. Every spring I would start my season with a walk along the coastal path from Penarth to Sully. I would have…

• The Camellia is Flowering

FormerMember
    FormerMember

If you’ve followed my previous blogs, you will remember that in a rash moment I said that I would do some gardening when the camellia stopped flowering. That moment is dangerously close and I’m trying to find some way of getting out of this. My friends have tried to be helpful, but aversion therapy sounds like torture and the suggestion that I could become another Alan Titchmarsh horrifies me. Sorry Alan, but all that…

• The Nine Thousand and Thirty nine Steps

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday morning started badly. There was an AGM meeting at 11.15 in the indoor Bowls Centre ... on Mothering Sunday!!!! Still it should only last 45 minutes to an hour. There is rarely anything that needs discussion, but if you’ve been dragged out on a Sunday morning you are not going to be in a good mood. We can predict the items which will be brought up since it is the same complaint every year – “we always play on Sunday…

• Yay to Books and Boo to Gardening!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The weather was good and there was plenty of work to do in the garden. I thought about it and knew that the best plan would be to go out for the day when I wouldn’t feel guilty about not doing the jobs in the garden. (It worked)

I love books; they have been the foundation of everything I know. I don’t need more books because I still have books that I haven’t read, but I don’t know everything so I could quite justify…