Very worrying times....

Less than one minute read time.

I've not created a blog since I first joined the Mac site, first time for everything as they say. They say it helps to write down how you are feeling so here goes. Mum is going downhill and I'm burying my head in the sand trying to pretend that it isn't happening. It's very hard as we all know to sit and watch a loved one end up in such a state. I can't get my head around the fact that only a few weeks ago she was enjoying trips out with dad in the car,getting some fresh air and walking just a little way. Now she is as good as bed bound having to be washed by nurses.... What more is there to say.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

aw Trudy big hugs. Thinking of you and your mum.

Love Teresa x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Trudy,

Yes its had to watch maybe the closest person in the world in decline and feel  helpless at the same time. The Mac Family is here so there is always some who will not only listens but really do know & understand from experience.

The only advice I can offer is be there for her - tell her you love her every day and find time to sit and chat about happier times you shared. Last point maybe - She would not change places with you - while you would with her -  but its the last thing she would want.

Just be there for her - its tougher for the Carer than the Patient so often.

Hugs

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Trudy  Just to say ditto tom all that has been said and you know I am here for you. Dont forget the oncologist sais the same thing to Pete 14 months ago and he is still here. We will remember Mum and you in our prayers and hope that you can find the strength to smile and be there for  Mum.. Dont forget to look after yourself   Jean xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mate

you know me so no need to say anything but...always here for you

Suzie xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Trudy, just to let you know you are not alone. My mum is steadily declining too and it is horrible. Sending you (((((((((hugs))))))))) and best wishes.

Di