A bit of an issue 11/10/2020

1 minute read time.

Hi All,

I'm a bit of a learner on this blog stuff but thought I would give it a go.

I have been told I have cancer of the tongue and Lymph nodes (big swollen thing in my neck) and they are viewing my jaw now for good measure.

I have had ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan and now the 12/10 I go for my pre assessment (to make sure I m ok) for biopsy, and then on the 16/10 the MRI scan

My biopsy is scheduled for the 23/10. Its strange how I rarely remember the day of week but these dates are already ingrained along with the 1st October 2020, when I first heard the word cancer with reference to myself.

I guess I felt safe as about 3 weeks before at a blood test taken at the local surgery they said no cancer and I thought, Good news a few weeks of anti B and I'm going to be fine. Wrong!

So now I sit here dreading and at the same time looking forward to knowing what is wrong, so I can treat it and get it in to my rear view mirror as fast as I can.

Been checking different therapies, and there is some strange stuff out there.....but somehow do not fancy visiting Haiti, and eating dried and flavored (not sure that this flavoring is the deal breaker in its favour) monkey eyes whilst smoking locally grown herbal medicine,=, but guess I've not had my biopsy and plan yet!

Meanwhile, the CAA have been amazingly efficient and grounded me till in their words 'I have recovered or it no longer matters', I confess to being touched, but felt for the lady the other end who realised a little too late that that might not be the thing to say :-)

Anyway my ramblings for this day are now over, and will make a note to write again after my pre assessment so I can let people know what may be heading there way if they get a similar bit of bad news

M

Anonymous
  • Thanks for sharing your experience so far.  Keep rambling on your blog.  My husband was diagnosed with tonsil cancer 2 years ago and I found that reading blogs of people who were going through treatment really helped me, as I picked up a whole load of info.  Good luck with everything.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Tracy, I think selfishly I’m writing for myself to try and structure my thought into some words and reading back reassure myself there is a plan, it’s a check box exercise these days and it’s all going to be OK.

I hope it gives the people that are diagnosed this year and next year an insight into my journey, and how I deal with things other than the medical procedures itself which are widely documented and some are pretty terrifying actually.

thanks

michael 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to JaneMalta

Hi JaneMalta, 

How are you doing out there? I love your profile!! and it took me ages to work out where to type and if I actually wanted to type. 

So I guess your name is Jane, and you are either a Templar knight, or your favorite place in the world is Malta

Have you had cancer and survived what appears to be the 5 year all good level, or are you post operations and in the period of poking and prodding or have they just broke the bad news to you?

Sorry for the direct questions, I am really learning on the online stuff and how to be soft and show empathy so forgive me for the moment and I promise to get better?

Michael