12 July 2011

Less than one minute read time.

Well, all those who've told me about Macmillans these past few weeks have been right on the ball!

I emailed them yesterday as they have a support centre inside Southampton Hospital itself. Within about fifteen minutes a response came back which was out of this world! I have been welcomed with open arms and the mail sounded wonderfully sincere. I've been offered all kinds of support and help and can't believe it  after the koos-och-tech breast care(?) nurses here (apologies to anyone that understands pheonetic arabic - ah-hem)....DON'T LOOK IT UP, you'll never speak to me again - it's extremely rude indeed  !! (thank you Israel for teaching me the profanitiesto use when I need them :-))  !!
What a different kettle of fish southampton is going to be - for support anyway, at present - hoping for much better non-intimidating treatment by the nursing staff I will encounter too!

Thank you with all my heart for the tips about Macmillans - I feel good about going now and not as alone as I thought I would end up.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lady of the Lee,

Iam glad you got a good reception,and you have so many

good and generous people to look after you.

Remember one thing you will never get rid of the Derryman.  Hope all goes well and Good luck.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

P.S. Will keep in touch.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck with the move and hope you are happy in Southampton let me know how things are when you are settled.Take care maureen x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How nice is that - two muckers seein me off! Ach you woudln't want to p***off a Derryman either Sarsfield :-) !

Thanks to my namesake there too, Maureen, hope I don't get thrown out of the bunk on the crossing !!