June 2011 Update

1 minute read time.

Right now I feel like we are sitting on the train tracks awaiting an oncoming train!!! Hubby saw his Oncologist 2 weeks ago and the Oncologist told him that although the rate of growth of his tumours has slowed down (the rate of growth seems to speed up and then slow down every three months) , they feel that there is one that is starting to invade one of his bronchia and that he should be starting Palliative Chemo "before it's too late" - meaning before it gets too far into the bronchia - in which case it could potentially cause pneumonia.... If it does, then they would be unable to offer him palliative chemo... They are saying that he could have another 5 or 6 more years with the chemo. 
Then Last Week, he saw his Tibetan Dr. who assured him that as the rate of growth of his tumours have slowed down, he has nothing to worry about and his Tibetan Meds were REDUCED!!!! So I'm feeling like I'm on a razor's edge!!!  - Same results, opposite conclusions.

Hubby is, of course, going to continue taking Tibetan Meds - or Anything other than more Chemo, until a crisis actually hits. Also, two of his tumours have grown together and are pressing mildly on his esophagus. But nobody is worried about that. There are also "suspicious Osseus lesions" - but again, neither sides are worried about that.

He continues to cough a little more, and seems to be a bit more tired.

I'm going to visit my grandson tomorrow and watch him at his baby  swimming lessons.

Thank you for indulging me and letting me off-load some of this frustration with the unknown.

Love to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mo

Offload here honey as much as you like.  We all understand and of course offer you Enjoy your time withyour grandchild, there is nothing quite like it.

I hope your husband gets the treatment he needs to help him manage this cruel illness.

Thinking of you

Jules xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aawwww Thanks you Jules! Your name says it all ... Juleshoneybunny ... You're a sweetie!!!

Big Hugs xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maureen,

It must be difficult to have such conflicting opinions. I am still taking the LDN but have had to reduce the dosage as it made me quite ill. I have a scan on Friday and I dread being told that there is more growth but I feel that if there isn't then I am condemned to feel ill all of the time because of the LDN.

It's interesting that Larry could have 5 or 6 yrs with chemo. I haven't been told in so many words but I have less than a year/18 months. But then the chemo never worked did it?

I feel quite fed up at the moment as I have been indoors for 3 weeks.IT's my lovely husband's 65th birthday sunday. I had to ask him to take me to the shop to buy him a card. He put me in the shop where I got a card and a bottle of wine but I was v hot and shaking after 10 mins. He is so good to me I want it to be nice for him.

How lovely to watch the baby swimming!!

Love and hugs Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen

Good luck with your scans on Friday - I look forward to hearing Good Results (if possible).

Actually, Larry wasn't told that he'd have 5 to 6 years with chemo. A friend of ours with the same cancer managed to live for 6 years while in stage 4 bowel cancer with mets to both the liver and the lungs and we (I) hold that up as "hope" that it would be the same for Larry.... and that in the meantime, they'd find the magic cure.

Even tho your chemo "never worked", it did seem to work in slowing the growth and spread of your lung lesions - so I'm still puzzled as to why they would stop your chemo!!!!!

Good luck again on Friday, Jen!!!

Big Hugs and Love!!!

Mo xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maureen the comment made about the palliative sounds promising, in retrospect everything was a little late for my dad, eg. he missed out on a drug trial with this professor because his liver function had deteriorated far too much by the time he was deemed under palliative care,  my father delayed it as he refused to ever discuss prognosis, thought he was told there was no cure from the start.... I think he was offered palliative a little earlier, but saw himself as on an extended break from treatment..if he'd got on the steroids sooner he may have got on the trail and may have met my son. Your husband is in my prayers.