Hubby Says: May 2011 Update

1 minute read time.

We asked them to Fax us the result of the latest CT scan and they DID!!!!!!!!!! So here's what hubby wrote to his Tibetan Doctor:

"Here is my latest CT scan…

The tumours are showing VERY SLIGHT  increase which is an improvement over the last one.  I want to remind you that on the last one, I had to not take Tibetan Medicine for a couple of weeks before the scan because of bowel problems from my Colonoscopy.  I now feel that the increase on the previous scan was in part due to that.

The main new things are the pressure on the esophagus from one of the tumours, the joining of 2 tumours, and the new appearance of “suspicious osseous lesions”.   The previous 2 scans showed gradual infiltration into 2 lymph nodes. Since the Feb 22nd scan, I have been thinking seriously about whether I should take chemo or not.

I would rather not have to, of course, and, by the end of my previous chemo experience, my white blood counts and my fatigue level were very low.  It felt like I was killing myself and then trying to recover.  I would not be too happy having to go through that again and so I’m trying to delay that experience as long as possible.

Of course, the difficult, if not impossible decision is to guess how much time I can go feeling relatively good with my current efforts versus how long I can last through the chemo process.  I feel like I have to decide if I want to die early of cancer with health until a sudden collapse near the end – or if I want a longer drawn out death from chemo and its side effects.

I would appreciate your advice and any other recommendations that you might have."

(me again) - There is nothing that I can add. I think this says it all!!! 

Hugs to you all. 

Love, Mo  XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for the update on your hubby, sorry he has to go through this, I am not sure what to say, but I think if it was me I would stick with the Tibetan medicine.If only we could tell what is going to happen in the future.

Give him my love and hope whatever he chooses to do is the right one for him.

Love Pam xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maureen,

Im sorry to hear about your husband, but Im afraid its now down to him to make his choice as to which way to go.

Whichever he chooses I hope its the right one for you both.

Look after eachother .

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Maureen I know just how you feel I to tried chemo but it didnt work like you too tired and low white blood score so in the end after only 2 chemos gave up, as one doctor said to me once " remember quality of life is better than quantity" and i do believe that, None of it is fun.sadly it all goes the same way in the end hope what ever you do is good lots of love  Kessie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mo,My Pete as been on chemo on and off,this is our 6th year it hasnt been easy but we have had quality times ,holidays,oil painting course seeing our grandchildren.Pete is now on the cetixumab this is to try to slow the cancer down,it started in his bowel ,secondry to liver and now lungs,as your hubby been tested for the gene for the cetixumab,i know you have to have this certain gene to have it.We know without the chemo we wouldnt have had all this time together,as you say quality or quantity,im sure he will make the right choice for you both,our consultant asked us on tuesday if we wanted to continue with the treatment as Pete is getting weaker to which my Pete said to him,right lets crack on i dont know how he does it I love him so much,wish that cure was here now.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry everyone i pressed the wrong button,love to everyone Chris.xx