Dont know whats wrong with me

1 minute read time.

This infection and gaping wound is really getting me down, l am so tired and my mood is so low. I looked at the wound trying to reasure myself that this will all come good but does it no it doesnt. I cant bear the way that my body looks right now yet l have to keep looking. Dont know wether l am looking for improvement or just to make sure its no worse but l just keep doing it. I cant even wee properly l have tried every position on that toilet seat and yet each time l wee it shoots out to the side directly where everything is so open. The nurses come in each day dress the wounds but there is no point as soon as l wee it all falls out. It stings like hell. Tonite another 3 stitches are open sitting there doing nothing l hate it all.They say dont let yourself get constipated some hope of that 2 days of profuse diarrhoea ? due to the antibiotics..................Augmentin 625 mg and Metrodiazole 400 mg to say its a mess is an understatment............how many showers can a person take in a day it seems like they are never ending. How will these wounds ever heal with dressings that wont stay in place, wee and poo constantly getting in the wounds, when will this all end. Ok so my rant and feeling sorry for myself is over for now but he just better not say tomorrow oh well we knew this could happen, l KNOW WE DID but it dont make it no easier

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear silence 1

my hubby had a fistula 3 years ago when he was first on sutent a kidney cancer drug. It took about 3 months to heal, but he got there, are you getting your wound packed with aqua cell daily? He had to wee to the side, but maybe that is easier for a man, I can fully understand where you are coming from with the dressings and trying to keep the area clean, its such a problem.

I wish you the very best my love, hang on in there.

love jmd xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi jmd

thank you so much for your reply firstly l am glad that your hubby wound eventually and he got there. Yes my wound is being packed daily with aqua cell but it only stays in for as long as l dont wee which l know is a bit crazy. Itry to wee before any dressing is done otherwise as soon as she finishes l need to go crazy l know but l do.I have tried all sorts of positions when trying to wee but its not making any difference because basically the wound is under it . Thank you for the wishes l will just hang on in there and keep ranting and moaning along the way l suppose...................but thank you everyone

Mandy xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its in such an awful place for you and you need to pee, its only natural, I am thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck. Take care xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mandy,

Popped in to see how you are doing today. Is your mum back from hols? It's nice that she's around for you, 'cos we all need a mum when we are poorly eh?? I'm 49 but still share all my troubles with her, oh and good old laughs and fun too of course.

Silly idea but would one of those she wees be of any use?

Keep in touch 'cos i'd like to know when that light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter! and it will.

Take care

Jan xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there,

This is such a bummer for you.  What about trying a shee-wee like janbo 2 suggests?  I tried one to keep my wound free from infection - it might be worth a try.  I can sympathise with you - this is such an awful, awful thing to cope with.  It sounds trite me saying this, but honestly, in a few months things will improve.

Hang in there doll!!!

xxx