September 29th 2011 (pt2)

2 minute read time.

Didn't get my respite care today as the Association Of Carers who were meant to be covering cancelled. The volunteer who was due to come in wasn't doing it anymore and another already had a client so they couldn't come either. I tried to get cover from A1 Carers,the other agency responsible for my respite care. A1 Carers said that they would try to get somebody. As I only spoke to Helen on the Tuesday they did say that it may be too shorter notice for them to sort someone out and it was, triple whammy!!. However my mum did visit today which was nice,always glad to see my mum (even though I'm over 40!). Mo has been up most of the day today,she didn't even have a rest after her meds this morning at 9ish,very surprised as I thought Mo would of been knackered after yesterday. Mo was still up when Katy the Macmillan nurse visited at 12.30 she was also very surprised how Mo had improved since her last visit ten days ago. Katy asked Mo how yesterday went and off she went again telling Katy what she had done while she was there,even then Katy was surprised about Mo holding a reasonable conversation and interacting so well. I gave Katy an update on how things were progressing with the respite care and the O.T. equipment/rails etc. Mo was getting a bit tired now and decided she wanted to have a rest, but still wanted to speak to Katy in private,so she went into the bedroom with Mo & had a chat. After her chat Katy then spoke to me and even my mum,asking us how we were and and how we were coping. I told her that I was a lot happier now the respite care was slotting into place at last & that I was looking forward to it. My mum said she was ok with everything, but got upset when I did and when she saw I wasn't coping too well over the last few weeks.
 Earlier on today Katy went to a general meeting/update with all other agencys like the day centre,Hospice @ home,district nurses etc and apparently had some good feedback regarding Mo from the day centre staff which was great. Katy said she seemed a bit of a fraud when she originally informed the Day Therapy Centre about Mo's condition,saying how she was very tired all the time and how her mobility was bad,and that she had poor cognitive skills considering how Mo ACTUALLY was yesterday.Mo has now been put on the day centres regular list for a visit to the centre every Wednesday for as long as she wants.Katy also mentioned to me that Maxine from St Michaels Hospice should be contacting me regarding Mo going in sometime next week for respite care (symptom management clinic) possibly over the weekend which Mo's quite happy about.

Anonymous