September 29th 2011

1 minute read time.

Yesterday needn't of worried about Mo visiting the Day Centre for the first time she had a lovely time,her words not mine. The ambulance picked her up at 9.45am transferred Mo to a wheelchair but she managed to walk out to the chair. Two people came with the ambulance, the driver & a lady from St Michaels Hospice they were brilliant they put Mo at ease straight away. I got a bit emotional when Mo gave me a wave from the ambulance when they left & off she went. Luckily I had some visitors from the Association Of Carers still here and managed to pull myself together. Anyway back to Mo and the Day Therapy Centre (sounds like a good name for a book!)as I said she loved it. Mo had an aromatherapy massage,strawberries and cream in the garden (very posh but I thought Wimbledon had finished!!)and took part in a quiz. Mo also met the doctors,nurses and care staff and other visitors there to,had a bit of a gas,one thing Mo can do...easily. The day centre also laid on free teas & coffees as and when and Mo even had some dinner there, fish pie,potatoes and vegetables today. Mo didn't want any dessert,why not you ask??,because...she wanted to go out for a fag!!. 'What is she like!' lol. Eventually Mo got back about 3.30ish quite tired but still 'full of it'couldn't stop her talking about what she had done. It was a bit of a shame because the Day Centre had rung me a little earlier and told me what Mo had done. I'm not going to tell her and spoil her moment and 'rain on her parade'!!

Anonymous