September 23rd 2011

1 minute read time.

Charlotte,Mo's carer came in today I was expecting her at 1pm she turned up at 1.30. Unfortunately I had rang the A1 Carers office to find out where she was because I thought she was late, just got off the the phone & she turned up. Apparently according to Charlottes visiting list Mo was booked in for a visit at 1.30pm and not 1pm as I thought. I apologised to her for possibly dropping her in it because I had rang the office. Anyway I just let Charlotte get on with what she was here for. I did ask her if she could moisturise Mo's legs and arms today as they were very dry and left them to it. I went to write my blog (what a busy life I lead lol!) and make a cup of tea. A little while later Charlotte came into the lounge to do her paperwork,closely followed by Mo  all dressed up wearing a skirt & blouse looking more like 'the old Mo' we all knew,brilliant!! "I wanted to surprise you" she said, that she HAD done.
 This wasn't the first visit that Charlotte had done,Wednesday she came in and helped Mo have a wash and washed her hair,something Mo wanted to do for weeks. Mo's getting on well with Charlotte which is good,A1 Carers tries to make sure the same carer comes in every visit so that the client feels at ease. Before charlotte left I asked her if in the future could the agency/office let me know the exact time of future visits so Mo doesn't get stressed. She said that she was on the way back to the office and would pass on the message. I also mentioned about changing next weeks visit from Wednesday to Tuesday as Mo is off to the Day Therapy Centre,hopefully if she is up for it. I explained it was only for next week as far as I know depending on future developments.

Anonymous