September 21st 2011 (pt2)

1 minute read time.

Doctor Munro our G.P. visited today at 12 wasn't expecting her until 3.30pm,Mo had an appointment at the surgery but it would of been too much for her hence the home visit.Dr Munro was pleased Mo was talking better after her last visit to the surgery on 7th September and suggested Mo try the Day therapy at St Michaels Hospice.I thought she wasn't mobile enough yet but Dr Munro seems to think it would be ok and that it would be good for both of us and Mo's mobility not a problem (??).I also mentioned to Dr Munro about me ringing the surgery on her day off to sort out an emergency script for diclofenac.I didnt have enough of the tablets to last until her visit so i spoke to Dr Morrell and he wrote the prescription for me & picked it up late Mon afternoon.Dr munro said she will check her records when she returns to the surgery.
 Had a call from St Michaels Hospice Day Therapy Centre wondering if Mo would like to visit,to meet the doctors,nurses,healthcare assistants etc.I mentioned it to Mo as she was awake at the time and she seems up for it.They are aware that she is on the waiting list for the Symptom Management Clinic.Can't remember who I spoke to on the phone,but I did mention about Mo's mobility and that we haven't got a wheelchair yet.The woman I was speaking to said that it wouldn't be a problem as an ambulance will pick Mo up and that they had a wheelchair on board for her,and they would also be dropping her off afterwards.Its on from 10am-3pm,five days a week,free tea & coffee and they will supply a dinner for Mo while she is there.At the centre they also have a variety of Occupational therapies on like silk scarf making,glass painting etc alongside regular talks,quizzes,musical entertainments and seated exercise.Manicures,aromatherapy and reflexology and even an assisted Jacuzzi bath if Mo fancies it.It will also give Mo a bit more independence which can only be a good thing.I really hope Mo enjoys it and its not too tiring for her and then maybe it could be a regular thing,I will still worry about her,initially but thats just me!.I need to contact A1 Carers to change their visiting day from Wednesday to Tuesday just for that week as Mo won't be here,obviously!

Anonymous