September 20th 2011 (pt3)

1 minute read time.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of rest Mo's been having over the last 2-3 days.Its very hard to gauge whether Mo's tired because she's done too much the day before or if the cancer is spreading or she's just physically/mentally tired because of the medication she's on.Mo's mobility or lack of it is another concern of mine,the same questions also apply in the same way as her resting concerns.Hopefully the symptom management clinic may answer some of those questions,as far as i know she is on the waiting list at the hospice.The sooner she goes there the better so we can get a better overall picture, and know how Mo's responding to the meds and where she is at in herself and ultimately if things are worsening,hopefully not.
 Lynne Bartholomew the assessor from A1 carers,referred by social services, popped in for a chat also today to discuss Mo's care needs.She had a few questions to ask me regarding what level of care was needed for Mo,whether she had any level of independence,did she have any known allergies,did she wear glasses or have hearing difficulties,how was she communicating with people,did she have mobility problems or used any walking aids etc.A1 carers were aware that i needed a carer to visit three times a week starting asap,Lynne did say that it may be a problem for someone to come the following day (weds) and that Friday may be the earliest she could get a carer in and that she would call me if it was possible to have a carer come in Weds.I said thats ok,and suggested if a carer wasn't coming until Friday if it was possible for the carer to pop in Thursday and introduce herself,Lynne said that was fine and it wouldn't be a problem.Later on that afternoon after Lynne had gone she rang me back and said that she had managed to get a carer to call Wednesday,slightly earlier than 1pm, the time we had decided was the best time for future visits.I was grateful that Lynne had managed to sort things out for Wednesday and she also told me the carers name was Charlotte and that she was a very experienced carer which I was glad about.

Anonymous