September 20th 2011

1 minute read time.

We had the social services financial assessment visit today.It wasn't as bad as I thought they come around to check you are getting all the right benefits,the right amount of money or entitled to higher rates of benefit and see if you can help pay for the care services that may be supplied by the local authority or not.After the assessor had eventually made sure everything tallied up and worked out what we actually got & for what and checked if we had any savings over £23.000,unlikely.If we had then we would of had to pay the full cost of the care,she decided that Mo and I won't need to pay for any of the services.
 We could of got Mo's care component of her Disability Living Allowance increased to the the higher rate if we wanted to,an extra £25 per week.The down side of that was to get the increase we would of had to complete another DLA form,in effect a new claim,and the DLA form is one, if not THE hardest benefit form to complete!I decided against it because it would of been to stressful & time consuming for Mo and me,waiting for the claim to be processed,any queries regarding the claim to be followed up,doctors reports,current claim being frozen and unable to get any money etc.money isn't everything, Mo's my only priority now and for the sake of an extra £100 a month feel its not worth it.Mo & I both know where we are regarding our money and the ability to pay our bills on time now and we have managed it for the last ten years!.We don't need anything else to worry about we have more than enough now to concern ourselves with let alone adding something else to the mix.

Anonymous