October 7th 2011

1 minute read time.

Katy popped in today to see Mo and see how she was after the Day Centre had rung her as they were a little worried about Mo. I didn't hear Katy come in as I was getting the washing in from the garden and thought mo was talking to herself when I came back in lol.I left Katy chatting to Mo in the bedroom, having their 'girly chat'and I started to fold up the clean washing.Katy then came into the lounge to speak to me and see how I had been.I told katy that I had a bit of a wobble last night about 10pm and could of done with speaking to someone at the time but I didn't know who to call.Katy asked me what had happened and I told her that I had got cross with Mo again last night purely because she was going through her underwear quickly because of her urinary incontinence. How trivial is that???. It wasn't the reason that upset me the most,but me getting short-tempered again that upset me and I started to cry again talking to katy about it..a first for me!!.Katy sympathised and understood why I was feeling this way,as she always does. She reckoned it was because I was 'grieving' for the Mo I use to know and not the Mo I see in front of me now. Thats why I was getting upset,short-tempered,cross and frustrated,which made some kind of sense..I guess.
 A respite care bed was available at St Michaels Hospice from Monday and Katy thought it might be an idea to try and get Mo to go in for a while.Katy thought if Mo went in maybe the doctors could increase her steroids to help her even though we are reaching a threshold point with them,it may be worth a try.While Mo was in and being monitored hopefully they could also decrease her keppra dosage which both katy and I thought was also a good idea.Unfortunately when we mentioned about the respite care or symptom management clinic, which are technically one and the same, Mo got very upset and said she didn't want to go so we left it and didn't push her.I am hoping we can maybe get Mo in after our holiday in a weeks time,which she IS looking forward to, if we can convince her and if she wants to go.

Anonymous