October 6th 2011

1 minute read time.

Another respite carer came in today for three hours,Keren was her name but it didn't start off too well today. Keren turned up this morning at 10.40-10.45 she was supposed to start at 10.30. Turning up with no apology and later than expected,whether it was only 10 mins or longer is not a very good way to start an introduction! I had only just got off the phone to the office asking them where my carer was and if someone was definitely coming. I has a BRIEF chat with her as it was 'my time',and filled out some carer questionnaire,Tick!Tock!. I would of thought a bit of planning may of been an idea,i.e. turning up a little earlier!and on her time not mine. I was just about to go out the door...eventually when the Hospice @ Home nurse turned up as well. You just know that its going to be one of 'those days'. The Hospice @ Home nurse had just popped in as she was in the area, to see how Mo was considering she wasn't too good yesterday at the Day Centre and check up on her,which was nice. So much for having a planner as they had suggested lol!. I left both the respite care and the Hospice nurse talking to Mo, something I don't normally do but Mo seemed ok with it and went to meet my mum.

Anonymous