October 25th 2011

2 minute read time.

Arrived at the Hospice at 11.30 and spoke to Dr Choudary,the first doctor Mo had met,about how Mo is, the nurses were doing Mo's personal care when we went to her room.I let them finish what they were doing and kept out of sight so I didn't aggravate the situation and Dr Choudary went and spoke to Mo.She checked Mo's eyes,the eye drops and the antibiotics seemed to be working as they were a lot better than they had been previously.Apparently Mo had 'presented' regarding her bowel movements so the nurses said.Dr Choudary and the nurses left and I went in to see Mo as I was talking to her the physiotherapist came in,first time I had actually met him since Mo's been here.He started to treat Mo with some 'passive exercises',basically it involves gentle manipulation of the joints,legs,feet and arms etc.It seemed to be Mo's legs that needed treating more than her arms,the mobility in her arms wasn't that bad considering.The physio showed me how to do it so I could if I wanted to and he was also going to mention it to the nurses about them also doing it on a daily basis and then he went and said he would be coming back again on Thursday morning.He did mention about the Sara Lee Trust at the Hospice giving Mo an aromatherapy massage but Mo didn't seem that keen,even though she had one when she visited the Day Therapy Centre.Mo did manage to eat most of her lunch,sausage cassserole minus the sausages,too much chewing lol and demolished the jam and custard she had for dessert.I did say to Carla the nurse feeding her,who Mo does like,that she does have a sweet tooth and likes her puddings,probably more than the actual lunch/dinner.
 I nipped out to the cafe in the reception area at the Hospice for a cup of tea and a break for five minutes and bumped into Anne one of the Hospice at Home nurses who had visited Mo at home.She asked how Mo was doing in,I said that she was relaxed,calm and comfortable and eating a lot more now.The physio was treating Mo with some passive exercises to try and strengthen her arms and legs as she was still quite weak from laying in bed for the amount of time she has been.I told her Mo was still quite ill but slightly better than she had been at home which is a good thing.Then Anne asked how I was now things were a little easier for me,I said Ok and that I was visiting Mo daily,she was glad,also Sophie the Day Therapy centre lady asked how Mo was too as I ran into her too which was also nice.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi BJ

Keep on with all you are doing, this is not an easy journey as you are well aware. You are doing so well and in turn that benefits both you and Mo.

Keep strong and look after yourself, looking after yourself is key to all. So with that in mind hugs and more.

Helen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi BJ

I am so pleased that Mo seems to have settled well at the hospice.  And I am pleased for you too.  You are an incredible person but you needed to have this break.  It will do you the world of good and give you more strength to help Mo when she needs it.

Try not to be angry with Paul and Ewa.  It must be so hard watching your Mam go through this and they are obviously finding it difficult to be 'normal'.  You are obviously stronger and do your utmost to be upbeat.

Take good care of yourself and rest up.

Much love,

Nin xxx