October 19th 2011 (pt2)

2 minute read time.

Mo arrived at the Hospice with my mum,way before I eventually turned up as I had been held up in traffic because of roadworks,had to be today of all days!!.Mo was taken onto a ward and settled down they were serving lunch at the time and brought her some in,some soup and some type of mousse dessert I tried her with the soup and she actually had it.After the soup,I thought as Mo seemed hungry I tried to give her the mousse,but she didn't seem interested so I went back out to the car to get her clothes and wash gear. On returning from the car with Mo's stuff I was very surprised to see one of the nurses feeding Mo the mousse that earlier she wasn't interested in having,result!!.Doctor Choudary came in to see Mo with another nurse for a chat about what had been happening,what level of care would Mo need,if Mo was aware of what was going on etc.While the doctor and the nurses were chatting to us Mo said she wanted a banana,a first,after dashing around trying to find one one of the nurses came back with two.Mo started to eat the banana with my assistance,well sucked it really.What you have to realise is while Mo was being cared for at home she hadn't eaten anything for a week and a half,and here she was tucking into a banana quite happily a very big step indeed.In just over an hour of being admitted to the Hospice Mo had got some of her appetite back and managed to have some soup,banana mousse a banana milkshake and a whole banana,I'm detecting some kind of pattern here lol.We can only hope this continues as it can only be a good thing, whether Mo felt any different because she was in the Hospice with nurses and doctors about than she did at home is anyones guess.I just think that while she was at home Mo just didn't want to put anyone out or be a burden to me,which she could never be,and didn't want me running around after her was also anyones guess.Mo didn't settle to well on the ward as there was too much going on around her so I mentioned to Dr Choudary if we could get Mo into a private room asap and she said she would try her best to sort that out for me.

Anonymous