October 14th 2011

1 minute read time.

Mo's had a very busy day today not what she or I wanted at all,too many visitors stress and unsettle Mo. Firstly the district nurse and another nurse came in to check the syringe drivers and charge them up,which I didn't realise had to be done everyday. Unfortunately thanks to a cock-up at the pharmacy the meds that the nurses wanted hadn't been delivered so they had to come back,which could easily of been avoided.Take note Station Plaza pharmacy,Hastings!!. Charlotte,Mo's personal hygiene carer came in she was glad to see her. Charlotte gave Mo a bed wash and even managed to change her nightshirt without stressing or upsetting her,always a bonus. Ewa,Pauls girlfriend/fiance came up too, I'm glad she did as a pressure mattress was also being delivered today between 'Time A' and 'Time B',not very helpful. If Ewa had not come up, trying to move Mo and putting the mattress on the bed and changing the bedding would of been very difficult on my own. I was hoping the district nurses or the Hospice @ Home nurses were here when it was delivered then it wouldn't of been to bad to sort it. I had to text Karin and Jez as they were also going to visit and put them off,just for today.
 I had to call the Hospice @ Home helpline tonight about 11.30pm because one of Mo's syringe drive needles had come out when she had somehow slipped off the bed??. Of all the other nights,tonight there was no one on call as they were short staffed!. The Hospice @ Home had to arrange for someone else to come in from Bexhill,20-30 minutes away,slightly pee-ed off to say the least but at least 'someone' is coming. It also had to be the medazolam syringe driver,the anti-seizure medication the more important one of the two drivers. The nursing cover from Bexhill finally arrived at 12.15am and resited the needle from the driver and used a different way of securing it. They stayed for over an hour and then left now all I have to do is get Mo settled and back to sleep and try to get some kip myself!!!

Anonymous