The Journey Begins

• Bit of a knock back

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a good time in the Lake District despite the rain.  Energy levels and stamina remain good although any effort such as walking uphill tends to trigger a hot flush. 

Went to see the oncologist last Thursday, PSA 5.6 so still good.  In a moment of madness I asked if it was worth continuing to pay into my pension & AVC and what was my prognosis.  .  I'm 59 now so I was hoping to retire at 65.  The onc suggested that…

• Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to see the oncologist for my 6 weekly review under the Stampede trial.  My PSA has dropped from 128 to 6.2 so going in the right direction.  Makes all the side effects of the Zoladex more worthwhile.  The area on my pelvis that was causing concern now appears to be Pagetts disease, which is a benign condition.  Off for a week in the Lake District so I'll see how my energy levels are faring when I try to do some walking…

• STAMPEDE Trial

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just heard I have been "randomised" into Group A so no additional treatments.  At least I get regular monitoring, which has got to be a good thing.  Anyway busy summer with holidays and the bands so no time to be suffering side effects of other drugs, the Zoladex is bad enough.  Feeling quite well but could do with some better sleep.

• Slightly Better News

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to see the clinical trials nurse at the Millbrook Suite in Kidderminster following my CT Scan.  She advised that follwing analysis of the various scans they do not think that the area on my pelvis that showed up on the bone scan is metastised prostate cancer. So now I have locally advanced PC rather than advanced metastised PC. Waiting to see what category they put me in for STAMPEDE.  Should hear soon.

In the meantime…

• STAMPEDE

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a CT scan yesterday to check out the suspect area on my pelvis.  Not the greatest experience.  Well I didn't mind lying on the table and having a rest but not too keen on having a valve stuck in my arm and the wierd sensation when they pump in the dye.  Will update when I get the results.