Final moments with my Dad...

Less than one minute read time.

Dad is going to 'go to his reserved  fishing peg' very soon. He will catch all the fish that got away....

I am going to miss him.

I am at home at the moment, the journey takes 45 min to get back to the hospital and if I were to get a call, I may not get there in time... I know this and in many ways I wonder if I did the right thing coming home... I have just done 36 hours at his bedside and needed to sleep... unfortunately even after a bath I am still wide awake and reading up about final moments and what to expect...

I am at home because I am planning to be there all night again... arriving about midnight.... so my mum and sister can go home for a sleep...

Dad will leave in the next hours and I promised him that I would make sure he wasnt alone when it happened....

I am hurting so much and I am so sad...

I know he will be happy fishing, just wish it was at his favourite pond and I could sit beside him....

Jules x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jules

Its the hardest thing in the world, heartbreaking, but you will be glad you have done everything you can.

i hope your dad has a peaceful journey.

sending you love and strength,

claire xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jules, we haven`t `spoken` before but i want to send you my love and support as you go through this terrible time with you dear Dad.

My Dad passed away in June 2008 on fathers day. Like you Jules... my Dad was a good man..a loving and protective father who did his best and was always there for me.

There is no one like our Dad in our lives.

I wish you the strength and courage to get through this but I know you will because you have your fathers strength in you, he is a part of you and always will be.

Love to you and to your lovely son and your family

scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Jules

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Georgia XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX